Imagine being sick in a hospital bed, not knowing what is wrong with you, not even knowing if you'll live through the next minute. Then, the doctors mention therapeutic cloning as your only chance to survive, with the small catch; this would be a test run meaning that this is not gauranteed to work. Would you take the risk? I know I would! My Genetics Assessment question was why we should support therapeutic cloning, and what the many benefits are. This was a very interesting topic to research because I feel that I agreed with the point of view I was placed on. I found out that therapeutic cloning and stem cell research are ways to clone cells and organs in the human body to use as a disease treatment. Cloning would easily help all humans with diseases because it would enable us to clone organs to use as donors, which would eliminate the problem of waiting for a donor. This would ensure us that it is the same DNA as the reciever, and it will be the right size. Also, by cloning stem cells, it lets us multiply them into different types of cells (nerve, brain, blood, etc.). Also, by cloning, we can test new treatments on them without hurting anyone. As long as we keep it for medical reasons, I am 100% behind therapeutic cloning. I feel that it will save millions of lives, while enhancing medical science all together.
some info found from: http://www.religioustolerance.org/clo_ther.htm
(others from my assessment notes)
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment